Presidium’s Synthetic Diamond Screener II (SDS II) is a portable desktop diamond verification instrument developed to help screen out Type IIa colourless diamond from Type Ia colourless diamond. It is suitable for both loose and mounted stones (with open-back setting), including melees as small as 0.02ct.
The Presidium’s Synthetic Diamond Screener II (SDS II) uses advanced technology that measures a diamond’s UV light transmittance ability. Easy to use and battery-operated, its indicator light bars give a blue light to indicate that the stone is a natural Type la colorless diamond and red light to indicate a Type IIa colorless diamond, which is likely to be laboratory-grown and created through chemical vapor deposition (CVD) or high pressure high temperature (HPHT) syntheses. The device gives clear and accurate results within two seconds.
Presidium’s Synthetic Diamond Screener (SDS II) has been ASSURE TESTED by an independent third party through ASSURE program and achieved 100% Laboratory-Grown Diamond Referral Rate.
Product comes with 1 year warranty.
- 2 color coded (blue/red) indicator light bars to give clear results of mined Type Ia Diamond and Type IIa Diamond
- Test button will blink in red to alert if the device is unable to detect any stone on the photo-detector
- Exterior base rubber padding to ensure non-slip sturdiness and prevent scratches to surfaces
- Streamlined ergonomic design that enhances portability and stability
- Exterior USB port at back of unit for connecting to external power source
- International voltage compatibility
- Low battery indicator
- USB power
- Help to screen out Type IIa diamonds which are likely to be laboratory-grown diamonds
- Tests on diamonds within a range in dimension from 1.5 mm in width and up to 5 mm in height (approx. 0.02 to 10ct size)
- Tests on polished diamonds of popular cuts such as brilliant round cut, emerald cut, baguette cut, etc
- Recommended to use on both loose and mounted diamonds (on jewelry with open-back setting)
- For use on colorless diamonds from D Color down to J Color
*As recommended by Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the term “Laboratory-grown diamonds” refers to synthetic diamonds
- Length: 13cm
- Width: 10cm
- Height: 6.5cm